ACE 6.5.5 and TAO 2.5.5 released
The open source community has released ACE 6.5.5 and TAO 2.5.5
The open source community has released on Monday April 8th 2019 a new ACE 6.5.5 and TAO 2.5.5 release. This release is available from the usual download location at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading “Latest Micro Release” or from the github release page
The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles.
Changes to ACE (detailed changes)¶
- Fixed several broken links due to the removal of Douglas Schmidt website at WashU
ACE_ERROR) now uses Android’s logging system (aka Logcat) by default in addition to stderr because stdout and stderr are discarded under normal circumstances. To disable this at runtime, run:
To disable this at compile time include these lines in config.h:
#define ACE_DEFAULT_LOG_FLAGS ACE_Log_Msg::STDERR #define ACE_DEFAULT_LOG_BACKEND_FLAGS 0
- On Android when statically linking to OpenSSL, prevent usage of the preloaded and unpredictable system SSL library when using ace_openssl.
- minizip has been moved from ACE to DANCE
- Add initial support for Visual Studio 2019
- Validated ACE for usage SLES15.0 x86_64 using 32bit g++ compiler
- Add optional argument for the receive address in
Changes to TAO (detailed changes)¶
- Fixed Memory Leaks in TAO_IDL caused by the addition of Annotations (#811)
- Changes in the Annotations API in TAO_IDL, see TAO/TAO_IDL/docs/annotations.md section titled TAO 2.5.5 for details.